Become a Volunteer!
Marine Rescue Two Rocks (MRTR) needs volunteers who are willing to undertake Volunteer Marine Rescue (VMR) training as Radio Operators. If you wish, this continues on to undertaking Rescue Vessel Crew Training. We also welcome members who would undertake administrative duties.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Opportunity to serve your community
- Increase your knowledge and skills
- Opportunity to apply existing skills in a new environment
- Gain personal satisfaction
- Be active
- Challenge yourself
- Meet new people
What would I be doing?
Volunteer time commitment affects ability to undertake/complete specific VMR training. We structure individual and group training to accommodate members whenever possible.
On completion of VMR training and obtaining specific qualifications, responsibilities may include:
- Radio Operator – Roster on am or pm shift after mentoring period.
- Rescue Vessel Crew – Our crews are on call for any emergency that should arise, they are on roster seven days a week 24 hours a day.
- Attending Search and Rescue incidents.
- Following instructions from MTRT Officers.
- Operating equipment as trained.
- Maintenance of Base Building and Vessels.
- Attending MRTR Meetings as required.
The Next Step
If you wish to register your interest in becoming a volunteer with Marine Rescue Two Rocks, please complete the below sign up form and you will be contacted by our Secretary.
If you would like more information about volunteering with Marine Rescue Two Rocks, please don’t hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0407 930 474